Beyond the Best Seller

Wednesday, December 19, 2007

It's a Mystery to me, how many mysteries there are out there to read!! For all of you mystery readers, I'm working on a program with a panel of Mystery writers. In the "Have You Read Category?", I have some authors I would like to suggest to readers and I hope you tell me who you read, like to read and what type of mysteries are your favorites. Old, new, whatever, if there's a murder, it's a go!



As Agatha Christie said, " Every murder is probably somebody's old friend". And so, we are always looking to meet up with old friends.

Have you read ? Check out the new titles!

Karen E. Olson, Sacred Cows, Secondhand Smoke and Dead of the Day


Louise Penny, A Fatal Grace, Still Life, and the soon to be released The Cruelest Month.


Laura Lippmann, Baltimore Noir, By a Spider's Thread, Every Secret Thing, In a Strange City, The Last Place, No Good Deeds and many more including the 2007 What the Dead Know.

Also, we are pleased to have J.A. Jance, author of many books including, Bark M for Murder, Breach of Duty, Day of the Dead, Dead Wrong, Desert Heat, Exit Wounds, Justice Denied, Long Time Gone, and Lying in Wait speaking at the Library on January 27th at 4:00 pm. Copies of her newest mystery, Hand of Evil will be available for purchase and a booksigning and reception will follow her talk.

Who is your favorite? What are you reading now?

All women authors this time, next time the men.











2 Comments:

  • At 7:24 AM , Blogger Unknown said...

    I thrive on a "nice little murder" story - just like my mother and my grandmother did. There is nothing more satisfying about a clever little "whodunit" to keep the blood boiling. I do remember one time when I was in my teens and had a new male friend visiting for dinner and my grandmother bellowed down the stairs - "Murder!" to let my mother know Murder She Wrote was on TV! He never returned! Anyway I would love to hear how the mystery writers get their ideas for such fabulous tales and perhaps I can give them some ideas of my own! Bravo! Another fabulous program at the New Canaan Library!

     
  • At 8:15 AM , Blogger Cynde said...

    Cute story! I think it would be very interesting to find out what the creative trigger is for a mystery writer to decide an idea will fly. I also love true crime and I think in some cases one of these cases will intrique a writer who wants to solve the ending.

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home